Teach what you know | How to Study the Bible Basics


Preach the word (Teach what you know)


Once you have understood foundational doctrine in the book of Romans, you can then begin to teach others what you know (even before then you can share a clear gospel message with others at anytime after you have been saved). Continue to read and study through the Pauline epistles and teach whoever is willing to listen, what you have learned. If you are on social media, you can share and re-share posts by yourself and other grace believers about the gospel and sound grace doctrine. You can tell others in person through conversations or having a bible study in your home. If you aren't confident to teach a basic bible study yet, you can watch and share videos by Grace pastors and Bible study teachers. There are groups that get together in their homes and watch grace preachers and Bible study teachers together.

As you grow in knowledge and wisdom of God's word, you will also gain more confidence to teach others. I teach others through my blogs, podcasts and videos and I have actually learned even more WHILE I am teaching, because when I pick a topic or book in the Bible to teach, I really study it out even more so that I am teaching it as accurately as I can. **I also do not teach anything that is above my understanding** At times you might get some things wrong or might not have full understanding of certain verses, but it's OK. We (grace believers) are ALL learning and growing in the scriptures. Even Paul said in Philippians 3:12-14
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

God wants ALL believers to share the gospel with others and to teach others sound grace doctrine. This doesn't mean that we all have to be pastors of a local church (and certainly women are not to be pastors of a local assembly) but we can find ways to teach others. I taught my daughter the gospel and God's word rightly divided and I also homeschooled her for awhile with a Christian curriculum (until I became too ill and was bedridden for 2 years). I have shared the gospel with all of my family and friends, and shared sound grace doctrine rightly divided with fellow believers that I know in-person and with online friends. Not everyone responded well, but some did. For those who were more contentious about it, I've walked away and given them space, but I am available to talk to them if they ever change their minds. We can't force or trick people into believing. I now teach sound grace doctrine primarily to women online through my blogs, videos and podcasts. Is there someone in your life that you can teach or share the gospel with?

Ephesians 3:9
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Comments